The iPad is great! In fact, I love it for doing all the boring stuff I wouldn’t do and helping me organize my life at university.
However great the iPad is though, it lacks one very important aspect! Typing is tiring and boring.
We are all used to feel the buttons on the keyboard and if you have gone a bit further into typing and learned how to type properly you will certainly find the experience of typing on a screen very unpleasant and difficult.
But of course, many organizations in the iPad industry have thought of that and created the iPad Bluetooth keyboards like the Folio keyboard case one by Zagg.
First of all, I would like to point out that the main reason I went ahead and bought this keyboard rather than anything else which would be cheaper, is the fact that it comes with a very sturdy case that would protect my precious iPad. I couldn’t find any reason to get the cheaper, lower quality keyboards which would compromise my iPad’s integrity.
The first thing you notice while fitting your iPad, in this case, is how thick and heavy your iPad gets. I know, it’s not very appealing for the stylish and slick gadget, but it’s worth it. Zagg-Folio keyboard is made by the world-leading producer of peripheral devices, Logitech, so you can rest assured that your keyboard is of quality and will last.
Now let’s talk about the keyboard.
The first thing you notice is the unique buttons on the top column as seen below.
Starting from left to right:
- Home button (functions exactly as the home button on the iPad)
- Search button (the search screen appears)
- Screensaver button (locks the iPad and plays a slideshow of your photo gallery)
- On-screen keyboard button (toggles on and off the on-screen keyboard)
- Cut button
- Copy button
- Paste button
- Fast backward button
- Play/Pause button
- Fast forward button
- Mute button
- Decrease volume button
- Increase volume button
- Lock screen
These keys are quite useful and unique to the iPad so using the keyboard for any other device even though it would work, would also render those buttons useless.
- Sleek and stylish to fit the best looking tablet
- Available in many colours so you can pick the one for you
- Long battery life (I charge it once a month and use it almost daily)
- Sturdy case to protect the iPad
- Keys are well apart and a decent size
- Can use the case and keyboard separately
- Well cut out areas for volume button, camera and lock button
- Makes the iPad look thick and heavy
- Delete button is right on the lock button and sometimes I end of locking my screen when I just want to delete
Overall the Zagg-Folio keyboard case is a very nice and useful accessory to accompany your iPad in class as you can transform it into a notebook and type way faster than you normally would on the screen keyboard.
I know it’s a bit pricey but rather than getting one of the cheaper ones and fearing that any minute my iPad would fall and break I prefer to pay a bit more and not regret it later.
Some more picture of the Zagg-Folio Keyboard Case